Monday, May 8, 2017

Right Now: 41 Weeks


Right now we're guessing...  41 weeks 1 day! 

Right now I'm feeling pregnant in that... big belly! Biggest it's ever been! Backache like whoa, and super exhausted. I think I'm getting all the icky pregnant symptoms now. Serious back pain, my arms and feet keep going tingly and numb. Last night I'm pretty sure my blood pressure was kind of low, no matter what I did or ate or sat I felt really floopy. Better today though. 

Right now I'm eating...  Well the week of my due date I went ALL OUT and ate whatever the heck I wanted and felt terrible. My belly was out of sorts for days. It is finally back to it's normalish self, and we're back to eating at home most of the time which means mostly paleo, and a few GF/DF treats here and there. No big cravings, except sugar. Because it's delicious and addictive and I've awakened the sugar monster.  

Right now I'm loving...  wrapping my belly and hips. Oh man. So good. Feels SO GOOD. 

Right now, like last time... This is super foreign territory heading into carrying this girl two full weeks later than Lincoln. BUT prodromal labor may actually last forever... going on 4 weeks of daily contractions. I'm working on a whole post about prodromal labor. So, get excited.

Right now, this is different than last time in that...  Surviving prodromal labor! I get to sleep every night, and labor all day. It's exhausting and mentally trying for sure, but so different than last time. God has given me peace abounding, and it's a minute to minute struggle sometimes, but this labor is already so different. 

Right now I'm looking forward to...  birth! But also lots of fun things on the docket for this week: we had our 41 week ultrasound today and have a photo team meeting tonight. Wednesday I'm meeting up with my friend at Baby & Company for a bellies and brunch (!) for a picture and snackies. Thursday we have a non stress test scheduled and they'll strip my membranes and we'll get all the deets on this mysterious induction that will take place on Monday if she doesn't come before then.

Right now I'm reading... checked out Missional Motherhood and Uninvited from the library. So far loving MM. 

Right now I'm wearing...  In this moment my black OS Lularoe leggings and an XXS Irma. Y'all, I'm pretty sure I'm never actually going to have another baby (see 4 weeks of prodromal labor, up there) so I'm kind of bummed that I've only reaped the wonder of Lularoe + Pregnancy once, but so. stinkin. practical. Glad I'll have it for the postpartum days! 

Right now I'm watching... Elevation Worship Shine a Light Music Video on Youtube for Lincoln. He loves it. Over and over and over. 

Right now I'm listening to... Death To Selfie sermon series. So freaking good.

Right now kinda nervous about...  Oh there's a million things to be nervous about, so I'm not nervous about anything. I can't let my mind go there. No need to waste time typing it out– there isn't anything to be done about things that haven't happened yet. AM I RIGHT? 

Right now celebrating...  our ultrasound this morning was so great. She measured 7 pounds 9 ounces (Lincoln was born 7 lbs. 5 oz. at 39 and 4) and was practicing breathing, moving around, heartbeat great, fluid levels awesome– the doctor we saw said she got a "perfect score" on her biophysical profile. So that was like the best news ever. Really, I'm super duper at peace with the fact that I'm a vessel. I'll be pregnant as long as I need to be, but in my head its engrained that after 40 weeks the placenta starts to not work as well, and fluid levels can drop, and the risk for stillbirth or a NICU stay increase. So seeing her, although I didn't recognize anything but her head and belly, just doing great in there was really encouraging and just what I needed to make it another week. Really, ultrasounds are like not distinguishable at all to me, but the general "squishy baby" shape was LOUD AND CLEAR and that excites me. Can't wait to see her. In a week! (or, I guess "less" but SO FAR THAT HAS NOT BEEN THE CASE, ha!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment